Bulverton House Terms & Conditions
1. CONFIRMATION & PAYMENT Please note that any reservation made, whether by phone, e-mail, post or by using our online reservation tool, is subject to our confirmation. We endeavor to confirm back to you as soon as we can. Where a conflicting booking is made (i.e. an online booking made around the same time as a telephone or e-mail booking made), the time of the actual booking will determine as to whom we will offer it to.
Failure to supply an agreed deposit may result in the dates being re-let. No booking shall be deemed to have been made until a deposit or full remittance is received and booking confirmation paperwork is issued by us.
Any final balance is payable six weeks before your arrival. Non-payment of this balance by the due date may be taken as cancellation and we may endeavor to re-let the property. In the event of this we will be entitled to retain the advance payment. This should not be seen as relieving the Hirer of his legal responsibility to pay the full amount should the property remain unlet. If the endeavors to re-let the property are successful, we may refund to the Hirer some or all of the monies paid, less any booking costs.
2. ARRIVALS & DEPARTURE To enable us to have time to thoroughly check for the next occupants, the accommodation should please be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure. On arrival it may be occupied after 4:00pm your notification of late arrival or early departure would be appreciated.
3. SMOKING, PETS & NUMBERS Bulverton House operates a strict Non-Smoking policy in its Suites, and asks that if you do smoke in your Suites designated Garden-Courtyard that you that you do so away from any open doors or windows and that all butts are collected.
Bulverton House does not allow any pets into its accommodation.
The property is occupied on a holiday bases only, and the persons in accommodation cannot exceed or alter from the names & number stated on Booking.
One car parking space each for the Orlando & Delderfield Suites is provided, two spaces are provided for the Sampson Suite.
4. CANCELLATION Once the deposit has been paid and the booking confirmed, the Hirer is liable to pay for the accommodation for the whole of the period reserved. In the event of a cancellation being necessary as a result of illness or accident (or any other reason) to any member of the party booked, then a simple indemnity would relieve the Hirer of this liability and is advisable.
5. RESPONSIBILITY, CARE & BREAKAGES Breakage's and damages should be reported by the Hirer to enable replacements to be undertaken – Though we will not charge for small item breakages, in the event of any significant damage or loss you are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. Including any loss of keys. Judgment of what is significant is at the owners’ discretion.
The person making the booking will be responsible for all members of the party and should ensure that they are aware of the booking conditions. If these are not met, we could refuse right of entry to the property and no monies will be refunded. You are responsible for the Suite and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and fixtures, inside or outside the property. You must leave the Suite in the same state of repair, and condition that it was presented at the start of your holiday period.
6. LIABILITY & FORCE MAJEURE The owner of Bulverton House cannot accept liability for any damage, break-in, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by any person(s) from any cause whatsoever other than in the case of the owners or their employees being proven negligence of him/herself or his/her employees or agents. This does not exclude negligence or breach of statutory duty.
As the owner responsibility cannot be accepted or any compensation paid where the performance of our contract with You is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to ‘force majeure’. Circumstances amounting to ‘force majeure’ which includes any events we the owners could not foresee or avoid. These circumstances include the destruction or damage of the property (which cannot reasonably be rectified to a satisfactory standard before the start of Your holiday), through flood, explosion, fire, storm or other weather damage, adverse weather conditions, break-in, criminal damage, riots, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial action, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and any similar events beyond the owners control.
7. PLEASE NOTE The right of entry to the property at all reasonable times is reserved by the Owner with or without workmen for the purpose of inspection or to carry out any repair deemed necessary to the property / or equipment, including gardening.
Photograph - Geoffrey Roe